|Call Emergency Number 763-441-3797||
Preventative Care Days 2018
Horses shedding, green grass, vaccinations- spring will be here soon! Anoka Equine is presenting- “Preventative Care Days. ” This program can save you money and allow your horses the benefit of very important preventative health care procedures.
Starting in mid-March, Anoka Equine will be scheduling a doctor in a limited geographic area for an entire day to perform preventative health care services (vaccines, fecal egg counts, deworming, sheath/udder cleanings, Coggins testing, dental exams and floats). By keeping our vet in a certain region, it saves us money on fuel costs and drive time. These savings are then passed on to you in the form of a discounted farm call fee.
The doctors at Anoka Equine invest significant time and effort redesigning our preventative health care program each year. Changes in disease prevalence and vaccine technology require updating protocols to keep our horses as healthy as possible. Reviewing deworming programs to reflect the ever evolving potential parasitic risk and providing the best dental preventative are also important to us. Assessments of your newborns, yearlings and older horse populations for issues inherent in those age groups are recommended to prevent future problems. Farm visits allow our veterinarians to see your animals in their home environment and to administer vaccinations and complete other procedures in a low stress situation. Observation of your horses’ habitat and feed sources can help the veterinarian make recommendations that aid in keeping your horses fit and healthy.
Preventative Care Days provide the client with significant savings but also require planning, organization and communication on our part and yours. We hope you will find the program to be useful for you and your horses and will help us fine-tune the program to better serve your needs in future years. We look forward to a great spring season caring for your horses!
This program is designed for small backyard owners (2-4 horses). If you are part of a boarding barn, please consider scheduling a Barn Day, which you can schedule with Kathy or Erin in our Front Office at 763-441-3797. .
To take part in Preventative Care Days, please read the following instructions.
· All sign-ups must be made at least 3-4 days prior to the appointment.
· We ask that you are flexible with your appointment time . When you call the office, select the day that works best for you. The day before your appointment you will receive a call with a 2 hour window of time as to when the veterinarian can be expected. On the day of the appointment, we will call you when the doctor is headed to your farm.
· Please confirm that we have the phone number that you can be reached at on the day of your appointment.
· Payment is required at the time of service in the form of cash, check, or credit card to be run that day.
· Please have the owner portion of the Coggins form filled out prior to appointment.
2018 Preventative Care Dates